ON THE GO...OUT THE DOOR
Craig Emerson | Straw Propeller
Breakfast: The meal that seems to lose its Purpose. Usually designated as the most underrated meal of the day. But when the early bird does'nt have time for the worm, there needs to be a change in direction. That’s why we decided to help and share some simple breakfast hacks to get you out the door faster and energized for the morning grind.
1. Fuel is key. Oats contain more soluble fiber than any other grain. Soluble fiber is the kind that dissolves in water. What does that mean for your body? It makes your stomach stay fuller longer, providing stability throughout your day. Soluble fiber also slows the absorption of glucose into the body, which means you will not need to worry about that 2 o'clock feeling
2. Nutrition with purpose. Did you know that oats are among the healthiest grains on earth? Well, you do now. Say goodbye to your old-fashioned perception of oatmeal! Oatmeal has a bad notion of a bland breakfast food. But what lurks in that bowl(or on-the-go cup) of oatmeal is true p-oat-ential. To an up and coming oatmeal enthusiast, among the many benefits, you will realize about oatmeal that it's: packed with essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants, oatmeal is a high-fiber morning meal that’s been shown to help lower blood cholesterol levels, aid with digestion, and improve metabolism. Essentially, it’s a versatile superfood that’s ready to make a new name for itself!
3. Three words. Maple Oats. Pancakes. It’s a super simple pancake recipe(but what really isn't?), and it starts with Straw Propeller Maple Oats! We love our Maple Oats! Simply delicious with simple ingredients. Certified gluten-free whole grain rolled oats are sweetened with a touch of maple sugar. It's a go-to with any oatmeal cooking recipe. Then we’ll add some other ingredients like baking soda, butter or coconut oil, and vanilla. The end result is a slightly savory, but still, sweet fluffy pancake. Especially after a thick and drippy maple syrup is drizzled over the top. Yum, Yum!
4. Breakfast on the go. We offer gourmet oatmeal and muesli cereal. All of our gourmet products offer something for everyone. Our grab-n-go packaging is especially made for convenience for the on the go lifestyle. No matter what your food focus is from gluten-free, vegan, nut-free or protein packed we have got you covered.
5. Turn it into family time. Working moms and stay at home dads, college students and retirees, young singles and grandparents. We spend our Saturdays cheering our kids on at soccer games, tail gating at our favorite college team football games, and enjoying concerts in the park in our beloved Central Oregon. We spend our weekdays, hauling our kids to this practice and that event, making sure homework is done, volunteering in our community and building the best gourmet oatmeal we can. What we do have in common is our belief in the product we make. We believe that food should be a blessing to our bodies and not a detriment. We are committed to whole foods, simple foods, and healthy foods. Our products are designed to sustain those "real" lifestyles that all of us live each and every day.
Breakfast with Purpose,