1 cup all-purpose flour
1 container Blueberry Blitz oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
10 ounces full fruit jam
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, Blueberry Blitz container and brown sugar until well combined. Cube the cold butter into small pieces and cut into the mixture using a pastry cutter or fork until it resembles coarse crumbles. Remove 1 cup of the crumb mixture and set aside for the topping.
3. Scoop the remaining mixture into the prepared baking pan and firmly press it down into one even layer.
4. In a mixing bowl mix together the full fruit jam and cornstarch until well blended.
5. Scoop the jam mixture onto the prepared crust and smooth out into an even layer.
6. Sprinkle the reserve 1 cup topping on the jam and press down gently.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes or until topping is lightly brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, remove the foil from the pan and slice into bars.
8. Store in refrigerator for up to three days.
Can be made gluten-free by substituting a gluten-free flour, such as cassava flour for the all-purpose flour.
The blueberry jam mixture can also be made using fresh blueberries, mixed with lemon juice and cornstarch.